Over the last few years, the keto diet has become a favorite among many people. It is suitable for any person who is willing to lose weight. A ketogenic diet is characterized by a very low carb and high fat diet. Not only does it shed excess weight but it also improves your overall health. Research has revealed that adopting a keto diet plan can highly promote fat loss.
Additionally, a keto diet meal can improve certain conditions like cognitive decline and type 2 diabetes. This article highlights what to eat and what to avoid while embracing a keto diet. Also, it provides a keto meal plan for 3 days to get you started.
Keto Diet Meal Plan
This is simple! Switching over to a keto diet may seem overwhelming, however it is not difficult as such. Remember that your focus is to reduce carbs while at the same time increasing protein and fat content. For you to remain and reach a state of ketosis, your carb level must be restricted in meals and snacks. This is to ensure that your carb intake is lower. Generally, you should stick with keto friendly foods at all cost.
Keto Friendly Foods To Consume
Anytime you are following a keto diet, snacks and meals, it’s advisable to ensure the following foods are available. These include:
- Meat: Pork, Venison, Grass-fed beef, bison and organ meats
- Eggs: Organic whole eggs should be your best choice
- Fatty fish: herring, mackerel, and grass-fed beef
- Poultry: Turkey and chicken
- Full-fat dairy: Butter, yogurt, and cream
- Healthy fats: Olive oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, and avocado oil
- Seeds and nuts: Macadamia nuts, almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts
Foods To Avoid
Always avoid foods rich in carbs whenever you’re following a keto diet. The following are foods that you should restrict:
- Sugary and sweet foods: Ice cream, agave syrup, candy, coconut sugar, and maple syrup
- Baked foods and bread: cookies, rolls, doughnuts, whole-wheat bread, white bread, and crackers
- Pasta: noodles and spaghetti
- Sweetened beverages: sports drinks, soda, juices, and sweetened teas
- Grain and grain products: chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans, and lentils
- Fruits: Pineapple, bananas, grapes and citrus
- Sugary alcoholic beverages: Sugary mixed drinks and beer
- High-carb sauces: dipping sauces, sugary dressings, and barbecue sauce
Keto Diet Meal Plan For 3 Days
This menu can help you especially if you’re considering a keto diet. This keto diet food plan is a great start and will work well for you! The menu provides less than 40g of total carbs each day. Nonetheless, you may reduce the carb content even further in order to reach ketosis.
Breakfast: Three eggs fried in natural butter served with sautéed greens like spinach.
Lunch: A chicken topped with mushrooms, cheese, broccoli, avocado and bed of greens on the top.
Dinner: Pork chops together with green beans sautéed with sesame oil.
Breakfast: Eggs or mushroom omelet.
Lunch: Get Aragula salad with tomato, celery, and greens at the top.
Dinner: Roasted chicken with sautéed with tomatoes and cream sauce.
Breakfast: Bell pepper which is stuffed with eggs and cheese.
Lunch: Tuna salad with turkey, blue cheese, avocado, and hard-boiled eggs.
Dinner: Grilled mackerel with spinach or broccoli sautéed in coconut oil.
As you can notice, keto meals can be flavorful and diverse. A keto meal plan is a healthy diet that should include many fiber rich food and low carb vegetables. Also, choose healthy fats such as avocado, coconut oil, pastured butter, and olive oil. These will make your dish superb!
Benefits Of The Keto Diet
- Keto diet reduces your appetite
- Low-carb diets help to reduce weight
- Reduced insulin levels and blood sugar
- May curb blood pressure
- Effective against metabolic syndrome
- Brings therapeutic effects on several brain disorders
Thank you for stopping by to read my Keto Diet Plan post! I really enjoyed giving my knowledge on the subject and hope you gained some great insight. I wish you great luck on your endeavor to reach your goals and live a healthier lifestyle with Keto!
Real quick! There will be specific needs for your diet and your are always welcome to see if we have a discount for those groceries in our database. Have an awesome day!